WITH BROTHER WOLF
Blitzen Trapper is a Portland, Oregon-based experimental country/folk/rock band. Over the course of 18 years and nine full-length albums, Blitzen Trapper has crafted one of the more compelling and varied catalogs in contemporary rock and roll. Indeed, singer and guitarist Eric Earley, who is also the band’s primary songwriter, is possessed of a musical and lyrical sensibility that is remarkably deep and wide; big ideas and universal emotions are wrung from the seemingly plainspoken details of small-screen and often highly personal stories, and set to music that reaches way, way back to old-timey folk and bluegrass, travels through everything from country, psychedelia and soul to progressive, garage and metal, indulges gloriously in the classic rock of the 70s and 80s, and makes occasional side trips into hip-hop, skewed pop and noisy freakouts.
The band currently operates as a quintet, with Eric Earley (guitar/harmonica/vocals/keyboard), Erik Menteer (guitar/keyboard), Brian Adrian Koch (drums/vocals/harmonica), Michael Van Pelt (bass), and Marty Marquis (guitar/keyboards/vocals/melodica). Blitzen Trapper just released its ninth studio album, Wild and Reckless, which Eric Earley has described as a companion piece to their 2008 breakthrough album, Furr.
This is a Rock Power Quartet with songs and a sound all their own. Promises to move you. Determined to shake you.
From the Desert Rock sounds of old Neil Young to the vain of the Civic-minded, modern day beast of James McMurtry, this band is rearing its head, making people pay attention and believe that there is more to come!
JacksonHoleLive is located at Snow King Ball Park, 100 E. Snow King Ave. in Jackson, Wyoming.
- Admission is $5 for Adults — except for August 5th 89.1 KHOL’s 10th Anniversary Fundraiser with $10 admission ($5 will be donated to KHOL and $5 to JacksonHoleLive!) / Kids 17 and under are always FREE
- There are no advanced ticket sales however there is plenty of room for everyone
- All concerts start at 6:00 p.m. and end at approximately 9:45 p.m.
- Please enjoy our food and beverage vendors and kindly leave your dogs, tarps, glass, alcohol and coolers at home
- All bags checked respectfully at entrance gates
- Bring your chairs, empty water bottles, and community-minded spirit
- Kids can enjoy the fun Kids Zone with face painting and Friends of Pathways Strider Bike course
- Local food vendors
- Adult beverages are served inside the ball park – be prepared to show your ID for a wristband to purchase drink tokens for a selection of draft beer from Snake River Brewing and Budweiser/Osprey Beverages, wine from Jackson Hole Winery, and a variety of TLS sloshies (please drink responsibly)
- Please help us out by picking up three pieces of trash on your way out
- The JacksonHoleLive concert series is a benefit for Youth Hockey and Skating Programs at the Snow King Sports & Events Center – your entrance fee and donations help to keep the program going – please join us by becoming a JacksonHoleLive Friend of Music »